The Lead works in partnership with Operations Supervisors and is proficient in multiple areas. This position monitors the progress of assigned workload activities, assists with monitoring productivity status and reports, and directs process flow assignments. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- Assists with monitoring productivity status and reports.
- Evaluates workloads and team resources and is proficient at communicating changing requirements to Management for workflow and assignment adjustments.
- Monitors the operation of all equipment, safety, security and housekeeping of the area and ensures company policies are followed.
- Responsible for the initial training of production floor personnel in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Utilizes/assigns personnel where needed to ensure maximum efficiency and attainment of established production standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reviews line reconciliation paperwork for accuracy.
- Fosters continuous improvement on the floor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Experience with Excel to include spreadsheets and formulas and outlook email is required.
- Lean manufacturing and 5S experience helpful.
- Experience with applications such as warehouse management systems is required.
- High school diploma or GED required and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- This position operates in a specially designated federal area and due to contractual and regulatory obligations, requires U.S. citizenship in order to be considered for the position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Opelousas, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A