Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
As an FBI Information Technology Specialist-Forensic Examiner (ITS-FE), you will be exposed to a new world of IT. In this critical role, you will scientifically apply your technical capabilities, relying on rigor and process, in the evaluation, preservation and collection of digital evidence. Not only will you be part of an elite group of technical experts and have the opportunity to work not only on FBI investigations, you’ll have a chance to support our federal, state and local law enforcement partners across the country as well.
- May be required to testify in court as to the procedures and methods used to obtain data.
- Develop and provide evidence collection and examination methods to Field Offices and outside law enforcement agencies.
- Prepare and furnish authoritative oral and written reports on opinions and findings to stakeholders within the law enforcement community.
- Inventory, examine, retrieve and perform comprehensive technical analyses of digital evidence without alteration of the evidence.
- Prepare evidence for examination from crime scene.
- Serve as a technical consultant by providing up-to-date training in computer examinations detailing the latest technology, supporting
- information and reviews of new products to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Meet all FBI employment eligibility requirements.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. May be required to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A