Website Family Dollar
The role of the Manager, Inventory Control Center is to be responsible for the Inventory Control Center operations on all shifts. This position will also be responsible for supervising up to three direct reports with up to 30 associates. In addition, they will oversee the direction, coordination, and evaluation of Inventory Control workflows. Evaluate workflow trends and inform the management team of potential risks, issues arising and concerns regarding inventory control processes. Partner with management to develop action plans that promote inventory accuracy through continuous process improvements, foster best practices and achieve the Distribution Center and Family Dollar initiatives and goals. The Inventory Control Center Manager will carry out management responsibilities including planning, project management, hiring and staff development. This position is responsible for embracing Family Dollar’s store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
- Direct the scheduling and ensure performance of inventory cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Partner with Damaged/Returns area to ensure that product is credited in a timely manner and managed effectively.
- Ensure compliance with established Distribution Center policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Determine the plan for the storage of all inventory product using Catalyst driven data and statistical reports to maximize pick and reserve location productivity.
- Periodically audit department processes to include Receiving, Storage, Forklift, Shipping, Bulk and Repack.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
- Provide necessary leadership to ensure the Distribution Center compliance to quality requirements.
- Analyze reports measuring the effectiveness of the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for overseeing facility IT functions.
- Coordinate communication with Store Support Center, Stores and Distribution Center Management to provide timely solutions to inventory issues.
- Must be able to continuously walk the Distribution Center for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift or move up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shift
Company: Family Dollar
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A