- To obtain samples, prepare the samples, and analyze the samples for chemical and radioanalytical analysis from plant systems. To record and trend data from the chemical analysis.
- To notify chemistry management for out of specification conditions and adverse trends.
- To respond to operation’s chemistry needs.
- To perform the on shift chemistry technician emergency plan duties.
- To perform inventories of chemicals, equipment and supplies.
- To maintain the laboratory and instruments in top material condition with good housekeeping.
- To perform self-monitoring of radiation dose equivalent and perform associated radiological surveys for chemistry related tasks.
- As required, to changeout gas bottles for chemical and counting room instrument; to change resin columns for laboratory demineralized water systems; to replace chart paper on recorders; and to refill liquid nitrogen dewars.
- Two years professional work experience in chemistry
- Navy Nuclear experience as an Engineering Lab Technician (ELT)
- High School diploma or educational equivalent, including chemistry and mathematics courses
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities by motivating and inspiring others to accept challenges and meet or exceed expectations, and consistently achieves results, while acting as a role model for exhibiting appropriate behaviors.
- Ability to work different shifts
- Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moline, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A