Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Head Office in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Junior IT Security Engineer to join the IT team. The main purpose of this role will be to support the day-to-day data security operations of the information security departments such as patch management, remediation of cyber security incidents, implementation of cyber security road map tasks as well as supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure.
- Review, understand and correlate data from multiple sources, which is not limited to user authentication events, windows security event logs, intrusion detections alerts, proxy logs and firewall events.
- Respond to security incidents, including investigation and remediation.
- Assist with the implementation new security systems/platforms as per the Cyber Security Roadmap.
- Assist with the documentation of security policies as well as promote activities and procedures to create a general awareness about the significance of security within the organisation.
- Initiate configuration and change control records with regards to IT security system activities.
- Assist with the creation of security awareness training and phishing campaigns and the maintenance of information security policies and procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring of internet access utilised by employees, the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches.
- Perform patch management of endpoints and servers to ensure highest level of security on all critical systems.
- Conduct red team exercises and remediation on mission-critical systems.
- Maintain AD termination tasks such as ensuring that terminated users are removed from AD.
- Engage management on users that default their Cyber Security Awareness Training to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the maintenance of all security tools and technology.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in information security.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate and Relevant IT Qualification: CompTIA Security+, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A