Website Defense Intelligence Agency
An Intelligence Officer (Technical Collection) plans, prepares for, and conducts technical collection operations against high-priority national and theater intelligence requirements. Gains, maintains, and applies specialized scientific and technical expertise to enable technical collection activities. Develops collection concepts, conducts collection targeting, and engages with partners to develop Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and mission plans for executing technical collection operations. Collaborates with technical exploitation personnel to generate intelligence products. Collaborates with Research and Development (R&D), Technical Exploitation, and Technical Operations personnel on development of specialized, innovative, or novel technical collection systems or methods.
- Collaborates with Research and Development (R&D), Technical Exploitation, and Technical Operations personnel on development of specialized, innovative, or novel technical collection systems or methods.
- Participates in a working group or projects in reference to technical collection mission tasks that collaborate with division, directorate, or agency partners.
- Serves as a representative on internal and external working groups to plan and develop strategies to address various operational issues and concerns.
- Works within an Integrated Product Team structure to identify capability gaps, develop functional needs assessments, initial capability documents, and capability development documents.
- Researches, writes, and present of briefings to the team, Branch and/or Division.
- Plans, develops, and leverages best practices in S&T programs using technical collection concepts, techniques and tactics of various intelligence disciplines.
- Participates in projects or exercises, in technical Collections tradecraft, technical capabilities, reporting formats or sourcing information.
- Understands how work is impacted by mission and operations of IC organizations and components.
- Several years with demonstrated knowledge of operational support, operations administration, and logistical support for an OCONUS forward deployed military intelligence or special operations unit.
- Consults with warfighter, national mission managers, field operators and/or program managers to identify and resolve collection and/or technology gaps.
- Demonstrates intermediate level of substantive understanding in the areas of technical and scientific expertise with goal of being able to interact effectively with peer Intelligence Community (IC) analysts and industry experts.
- Refocuses efforts, redistributes resources, or otherwise overcomes roadblocks in consideration of IC factors to achieve objectives.
- Experience as a Readiness Mission Manager, facilitation of pre-deployment, deployment, post-deployment actions/requirements to include the training cycle, Defense Travel System, Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS), foreign visa requests, country clearance requests.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of relevant regulations, guidelines, laws, and directive.
- Considers factors within the IC that may affect the unit’s work and uses this knowledge in accomplishing work.
Company: Defense Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlottesville, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A