Website Department of Health
Manage the control programme for emerging and reemerging infectious diseases as well as neglected tropical diseases. Manage human and financial resources. Strengthen inter-sectoral collaboration on programmatic activities at nation and international level. Respond to ministerial, parliamentary, media and public enquires and correspondence of non-medical nature. Strengthen neglected tropical diseases control. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of interventions for neglected tropical diseases intervention. Strengthen epidemic preparedness and response in line with International Health Regulations. Support field outbreaks/epidemic investigations for emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases. Provide technical leadership in the development of policies, guidelines and strategic plans for the programme
- Valid drivers license.
- Three year Bachelor’s degree at NQF level 7 or National Diploma at NQF level 6 in Biological Science, Communicable Disease, Epidemiology or Public Health.
- Good Communication (verbal and written), Coordinating skills, Project Management skills, Planning and Organizing skills.
- Postgraduate degree at NQF level 8 in the aforementioned fields will be an advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Biological Science, communicable disease, epidemiology and/or public health environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently and Computer Skills (MS Office packages).
- Knowledge of legislative framework and practices (Financial, SCM and HR regulatory frameworks, policy development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring). Knowledge of communicable diseases and their control, knowledge of epidemiology and research principles methods, knowledge of health programme monitoring and evaluation principles as well as diagnosis and treatment of emerging, re-emerging and infectious diseases.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A