Website Department of Health
Facilitate and coordinate the development of National Department of Health Strategic plans, annual performance plans and operational plans according to the legislative and regulatory prescripts. Implement an integrated strategic planning framework. Support provincial department of health in the development of strategic plans, annual performance plans and district health plans. Ensure the management and technical leadership of the strategic planning directorate and undertake other tasks delegated to the official
- An Undergraduate qualification (NQF 7) as recognised by SAQA in Health/Social Sciences.
- Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Public Service regulations as well as knowledge and understanding of routine health information systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Health System in South Africa, understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements that impact the planning in the health sector, knowledge of government planning and budgeting processes
- Good leadership, organisational, interpersonal, analytical, planning, communication (written and verbal) and computer literacy (Microsoft Office package) skills. Ability to work independently and with the team, willingness to travel extensively and work irregular hours.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Post graduate qualification will be an advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as middle/senior management level within the Health Sector.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A