Intermodal Service Employees (ISE) are responsible for safely performing activities and completing processes that place customer freight for movement on a train from the origin to the CSX Intermodal Terminal destination across our network. The ISEs will also be responsible for ensuring the availability of our customers¿ freight for pick up after arriving at the destination terminal. Health and Welfare Benefits: $160.22 per month
- Inspection and securement of trailers, containers and intermodal flatcars.
- Assisting lift operators in the proper positioning of equipment.
- Lifting of interbox connectors (IBC) and related accessories.
- Operation of powered vehicles known as IBC carts.
- Working in a high-paced outdoor environment around moving equipment and vehicles
- Utilize computer systems to obtain and/or input information regarding intermodal car and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of hazmat requirements and ability to respond to minor spills as necessary
- The activities and responsibilities fall into four broad categories (Securement, Yard/Lift Operations, Clerical and other)
- Knowledge of FRA and AAR securement regulations and railway line clearance requirements.
- The ability to work positively and contribute to a team focused on customer service and accomplishing productivity targets.
- Three years of outdoor work experience
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
- Must pass all required assessments
- One year experience operating heavy machinery
- Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, or safety-toe boots
- One year experience working in a heavy industrial environment
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A with Airbrake Endorsement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A