The CSIR has a vacancy for a Group Executive: Business Excellence and Integration (BEI) in the CSIR Leadership to lead the business excellence and integration function of the organisation. The incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and directing initiatives that will improve business performance, facilitate integration of organisational business processes for value addition and pool complementary capabilities to address client requirements. Working with the executive team foster collaborations and partnerships with local and international entities in the private, public and academic sectors. Provide leadership to a number of portfolios including institutional planning and report, IP management and reporting and strategic investment of parliamentary grant. Ensure that the CSIR complies with relevant legislation including the IPR Act. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Accountable for people development, succession planning and transformation in the BEI function.
- Lead initiatives in support business excellence and organisational wide integration;
- Provide strategic oversight on the renewal of the CSIR RDI infrastructure
- Ensure that the CSIR complies with the requirements of the IPR Act;
- Ensure that the investment of the organisation’s parliamentary grant is aligned with the organisational strategy and leads to a balanced portfolio of research, development, and commercialisation programmes;
- Develop and implement the CSIR strategy for Africa;
- Recommend and implement best practices in innovation management to support an efficient, agile, and responsive RD&I organisation;
- Drive the institutional strategic and operational planning and reporting processes;
- Develop frameworks and protocols to support the management of the organisation’s intellectual asset portfolio, including execution of IP management and protection, licensing, and commercialisation strategies, processes, and systems to create maximum value for the organisation;
- Working the executive team provide strategic oversight on cross-cutting key organisational partnerships and maintain high-level stakeholder engagement in industry, the public sector and academia;
- A business qualification such as an MBA or MBL will be an advantage;
- An in-depth understanding of the various government policies impacting the NSI;
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders;
- An in-depth understand of operations management in a technology development / innovation environment;
- Ability to lead and manage multi-functional teams;
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience and track record in strategic stakeholder management.
- Five (5) years executive or senior management experience;
- Experience in research, development, and innovation (RD&I) management in the private, public or academic sectors;
- A Master’s degree in science or engineering;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A