The CSIR has a vacancy for an Events Manager in the Human Capital and Communications portfolio. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning and execution of CSIR events and stakeholder interactions in line with the CSIR brand, policies and client requirements. He/she will, in close collaboration with the External Communications Manager, proactively conceptualise events and oversee the implementation of events across the CSIR. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Procure and arrange pre-event briefings with event suppliers and facility providers to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Provide strategic support and advice to the External Communication Manager on all events-related projects.
- Manage and oversee the annual budget allocations.
- Monitor and manage the co-ordination of logistics for the CSIR’s participation at strategic stakeholder events such as exhibitions and conferences.
- Support the implementation of the CSIR’s Outreach and CSIR programmes
- Compile post-event reports and provide content for the CSIR intraweb as and when required, and for internal and external events.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, planning committees and other internal support structures to ensure quality and timely delivery of events.
- Provide strategic advice and input into the communication planning process as it relates to all events that are either hosted by the CSIR or in which the CSIR is participating.
- Liaise with colleagues to co-ordinate the creation, design and content development of event-specific marketing collateral and to fulfil event-specific editorial requirements
- Implement protocol advice and etiquette at high level and during stakeholder visits
- Produce detailed proposals, event planning documents and cost breakdown as per event requirements for sign off and approval .
- Conceptualise, plan and oversee the implementation of events in line with the event objectives, within an allocated budget and approved timeframes.
- Produce periodic events reports, in line with organisational reporting.
- Project manage events with an internal and external focus from conception to implementation and report back.
- Highly motivate individual who works well in large teams, yet self-directed;
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Networking skills;
- Well-versed in latest technologies and software for events as well as virtual eventing;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Ability and confidence to engage with internal and external executives and senior leaders, including high-profiled stakeholders;
- Adaptability (Ability to multi-task and handle pressure);
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to negotiate for a common goal;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Project management experience;
- Protocol Certificate;
- Understanding of how to position/exhibit physical and non-physical elements through eventing, eg: technologies and capabilities;
- People management; and strong relationship building.
- Decisive and critical thinker;
- Advanced computer literacy;
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations Management with at least seven years’ experience in events management, of which four years should be in project management;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A