Under the direct supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy student will provide assistance and support for drug distribution, including assisting pharmacy staff with prescription order entry, packaging and compounding. Under the supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy student will also provide support to various expanded scope initiatives, such as aiding the pharmacist in the recruitment and implementation of our Health Promotion Clinics and assisting with medication review services. The pharmacy student may also provide limited counseling and education for prescription and OTC products in accordance to their clinical knowledge base and under the constant supervision of a pharmacist.
- Works with pharmacy staff to keep the pharmacy clean and well organized.
- Follows Costco pharmacy’s policies and procedures
- Depending on the competency level and provincial regulation, pharmacy student provides prescription counseling education under the direction and supervision of the pharmacist.
- Identifies and recruits patients eligible for the medication review program and assists the pharmacist in performing medication review services.
- Communicates with patients regarding OTC products and answers questions under the supervision of the pharmacist and knows when to refer to the pharmacist when appropriate.
- Helps pharmacy staff stock drugs, supplies and OTC merchandise.
- Assists in other areas as necessary and under the direction of the pharmacist.
- Complies with provincial regulations regarding the role of the pharmacy student and maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Works with the pharmacist to develop and implement plans to recruit and successfully run Costco Pharmacy’s Health Promotion clinics.
- Assist patients at the counter, retrieves prescriptions and processes register transactions as per the provided procedures.
- Provides prompt and courteous patient service.
- Candidates with community pharmacy experience and proficient with the Kroll pharmacy software system is preferable.
- Must be enrolled in an approved pharmacy program
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and works well in a team
- Must be registered with the respective College as a pharmacy student
- Excellent communication and member service skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A