Performs direct patient care; dispenses prescription medication and educates patients. Practices to the fullest extent of the expanded scope of pharmacy practice permitted by provincial regulations.
- Checks prescriptions and over the counter medications for therapeutic appropriateness including but not limited to drug interactions, allergies, contraindications, dose, frequency, and dosage form.
- Participates in a culture of patient safety by focusing on practices that reduce and eliminate prescription incidents as well as reporting and properly managing those incidents that do occur.
- Dispenses prescription medications and applies appropriate auxiliary labels.
- Verifies prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone as needed and takes verbal prescriptions. Selects therapeutic substitutions when appropriate.
- Follows Costco Pharmacy’s policies, systems and procedure standards. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Acts as Pharmacist-In-Charge in the absence of the pharmacy manager ensuring smooth operation in the dispensary and supervises pharmacy interns and students.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in a variety of continuing education initiatives and maintains required certifications in good standing.
- Orders and communicates laboratory tests to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Oversees the collection of patient medical history and maintenance of the confidential computer record.
- Experience: None.
- Knowledge/Skills: Computer, math, patient care and member service skills required.
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Pharmacist in good standing in the province of work.
- Education/Training: Bachelor of Science or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A