Website Civil Service
It is an exciting time to join C&D as we drive delivery improvements across the Cabinet Office finding innovative and effective ways to deliver using agile methodology and emerging technologies.
- Develop strong relationships and manage dependencies between stakeholders and the delivery team, advising and guiding organisations during their adoption and implementation of GovWifi
- Manage and maintain the relationship with an existing portfolio of public sector organisations, ranging from central Whitehall departments to arm’s length bodies and “blue light” services
- Identify insights and best practice opportunities from interactions with departments and agencies to improve the GovWifi offer to other participating organisations
- Help support and manage the service integration models for GovWifi within new and existing public sector organisations
- Support the team by managing and leading the GovWifi service desk, answering and responding to organisation queries and escalating to engineers where appropriate
- Identify, report and escalate any risks or issues related to GovWifi implementations, including working with 3rd party user support models
- Identify, capture and track any new opportunities for implementing GovWifi and manage the engagement requirements
- Articulate how GovWifi will add value to an organisation’s network capabilities and complement other technology products
- Work within an agile multidisciplinary team to ensure organisations’ needs are met
- Be the face of GovWifi and first point of contact for IT professionals that distribute GovWifi
- Knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and proven experience of dealing with senior stakeholders to deliver results.
- Experience of UK cross-government working.
- Experience in a digital, technology or data focused role or an understanding of the government’s priorities in this area.
- Demonstrable experience in Business Relationship Management.
- The ability to translate complex and often technical information to make it easily understandable.
- A willingness to travel (UK [generally during normal working hours] to meet and engage with government departments.
- An understanding of the Cabinet Office Technology Code of Practice.
- Highly effective facilitation and communication skills and confidence in promoting the benefits of technical products and services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally, engaging effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A