Website City of Anaheim
The City of Anaheim, CA is seeking a Safety Manager. The Safety Manager should have the capability to lead – not only departmental safety coordinators, but also the Executive Safety Committee, comprised of senior-level staff such as the City Manager, Department Heads, and the Risk Manager.
- This includes the ability to communicate safety concerns and provide actionable recommendations at all levels, from operations to executives, on safety issues and setting safety priorities.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented public sector organization would be ideal.
- Deep knowledge of OSHA regulations, infectious disease protocol, Worker’s Compensation, and knowledge of safety-related best practices is critical.
- The Safety Manager must be a self-motivated/self-starter capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
- They should be flexible to the needs of competing operational issues in the City, how those issues intersect, and be comfortable giving direction when the solution is a priority.
- Strong analytical skills in data management, claims management, statistical analysis and interpretation, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to interpret material data, create and communicate meaningful reports, concerns and issues are crucial to the success of the Safety Manager.
Company: City of Anaheim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A