The Staff Pharmacist interprets physicians’ prescriptions, contacts doctors or other prescribers and/or patients to verify information on prescriptions and expedite processing of order. This position is responsible for dispensing medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines. The Staff Pharmacist will track order status and outstanding issues as well as consult with patients regarding the use of medications and potential drug interactions. This individual may take calls from customers regarding lost orders or dispensing errors, maintain daily production, quality and service levels, vary work priorities and activities to accommodate business needs. The Staff Pharmacist may also train less experienced pharmacists.
- Contact physicians for new and/or transfer authorization.
- Work with physicians to convert prescriptions to generic or preferred drugs whenever possible.
- Consult with patients regarding the use of medications and potential drug interactions.
- Back up other pharmacists as needed, perform additional duties as assigned by management, or train less experienced pharmacists.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians.
- Interpret physicians’ or prescribers’ prescriptions.
- Contact doctors and/or patients to verify information on prescriptions such as drug strength, prescription sig., and drug name in order to expedite processing of orders.
- Verify and confirm validity of controlled substances.
- Verify prescription information entered in the system by data entry or order entry.
- Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy.
- Ability to manage timelines and meet tight client deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for peak volume times.
- Current resident pharmacist license in good standing.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret prescriptions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kent, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A