Website Chevron Corporation
The Trainee/Fieldman is a developmental position performing duties associated with oil producing operations. This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data. Successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated ability qualifies for advancement to the Operator position.
- Test safety devices.
- Record keeping and data input.
- Perform duties associated with oil and gas producing operations and plants; including but not limited to
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain oil and gas production equipment.
- Well, management.
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Successful completion of an Operations and Maintenance training program.
- Acquire fluid level information.
- Operate and monitor SCADA.
- Optimize artificial lift systems.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
- Monitor computer control systems.
Scope jobs, permitting, attend safety meetings, create turnover notes, and other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year or more current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries.
- Strong organizational skills including capability to effectively manage time, resources and multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- High School Diploma/High School equivalent.
- Experience with mechanical equipment/hand tools (can be work, school or personal).
- Ability to sustain physical exertion such as weight pulling, pushing and pulling, and step climbing in various climactic conditions
- Valid driver’s license with a history of safe driving practices.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and perform basic troubleshooting to analyze and recommend solutions.
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues.
- Associates degree in Petroleum or Process Technology or related technology discipline, military occupational specialty, and/or technical certification(s).
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the capability of effectively explaining information.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Ardo, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A