Website Chevron Corporation
- Perform routine fitness-for-service assessments. Act as liaison between FEI and Technical organization or ETC on more complex FFS assessments.
- Lead development of pressure vessel asset strategies for the facility, including the use of quantitative RBI.
- Participate in the planning and executing work plans for plant turnarounds and capital projects.
- Participate in failure analysis to determine root cause and help develop long-term solutions to prevent repeat failures. Identify and solve the worst actors.
- Provide technical oversight and second-level review of inspection findings and recommendations, asset strategy adjustments, and interpretation of inspection data.
- Provide Fixed Equipment engineering consulting to inspectors, engineers, management, and operators including mechanical design, remaining life assessment, risk calculation, and repair strategies.
- Work directly with the Inspection team to help scope inspection, repair and replacement options to address fixed equipment inspection findings. Use CPDEP principles to assess alternatives and develop a cost-effective solution.
Qualification & Experience:
- API 581 Quantitative RBI experience/certification.
- Working knowledge of damage mechanisms, material selection, inspection practices and repair techniques.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in Complex Process Facility Design and/or Reliability Engineering or equivalent, including design and repair of equipment.
- Demonstrated change and project management experience.
- FFS Level 1 Qualification with demonstrated ability to perform Fitness-For-Service assessments.
- Proven ability to occasionally respond to emergency calls and work long associated hours, especially during turnaround events, occasionally on an unplanned basis.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
- Demonstrated safe working habits consistent with an Incident and Injury Free culture.
- Working knowledge of IMPACT and CPDEP work processes.
- Proven ability to work in and around operating facilities, manufacturer and testing sites, with occasional climbing and internal equipment access.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering, Information Technology
Job Location: Richmond, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A