Website Chevron Corporation
Responsible for completion engineering support to Chevron’s global business units as well as project management of ETC D&C Technology Development and Strategic Research programs. Demonstrated expertise in open hole and cased hole completion environments. Experience should include completion methodology and hardware design selection, gravel packing, frac packing, fracturing, and matrix acidizing. Knowledge of stimulation and completion fluids is preferable, including familiarity with optimized fluid selection processes as well as directing and facilitating project related laboratory testing programs. Field supervision experience is strongly desired with a primary focus on lower sand-face completion operations and through-tubing intervention (CT, WL, & Well Testing / Flowback). Exposure to both onshore and offshore environments is preferred with experience in subsea completions a plus. The ability to work closely with global business unit asset teams and coordinate multidiscipline initiatives is essential.
- Experience: Innovative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Well site drilling, completion and/or remedial operations a plus. Production and Reservoir engineering experience desirable. Designing, reviewing, and troubleshooting designs for fracturing, frac pack, and acid stimulation operations. Facilitation of complex incident investigations (RCA’s & FMEA’s), peer reviews, peer assists, risk assessments and program reviews.
- Experience on Major Capital Projects a plus.
- Technical Skills: Understanding of the fluids, materials, and field applications of various technologies in completions, intervention (including stimulation and other remedial treatments), and drilling in sandstones, UCR, and carbonates. This understanding should apply to both current commercial services and products offered by vendors and awareness of new technologies in Completions and Well Intervention.
- Collaborative and Business Skills: Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others to achieve company and strategic business unit goals. Possesses excellent interpersonal, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business and customer focus. Highly motivated and exhibits a proactive attitude related to job responsibilities. Actively identifies and shares Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Qualification & Experience:
- This is a Houston-based position. BS or MS degree in an engineering-related field is required and 15+ years completion engineering experience preferred. International and domestic travel is expected, sometimes to remote locations and/or rig sites, averaging 5-15% of the time but could be as high as 20-25% depending on the project. Well, Control Certification and appropriate offshore safety training will be required for field support and will be provided by the company. Special consideration will be given to candidates with recent field operations and technical design experience on lower sand-face completions and through-tubing interventions.
- Additionally, the successful candidate should be comfortable responding to global operations and technical support needs 24/7.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: EngineeringInformation, Technology
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A