Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The incumbent serve as a Physician providing advice and consultation as a nationally or internationally recognized consultant and expert providing medical advice in support of other scientists.
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must possess a Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada.
- This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association (external link)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (external link)
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (external link)
- Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association (external link), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
- Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States.
- Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (external link), a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A