Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The employee serves as the agency authority and participates with scientific and program consultants in various aspects of study or survey design processes, including conducting searches or reviews of existing literature and data in a scientific area. He/she prepares and/or presents summaries for a variety of purposes and monitors internal review board clearances.
- Serve as the recognized expert in epidemiology for the agency with responsibility for developing policy and objectives, appraising programs, and initiating requirements for epidemiological studies.
- Serve as technical consultant on contracts for scientific services.
- Serve as a national or internationally recognized consultant and expert on epidemiological issues on critical problems in the field of epidemiology.
- Evaluate data collection, quality control, and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
- Design, plan and initiate epidemiologic studies, surveys and investigations.
- Identify or develop appropriate intervention methods to identify, treat or resolve various medical issues or problems.
- Serve as a project coordinator and recommends resources for epidemiological projects.
- Applicants must possess a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
- Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in appraising programs, and initiating epidemiological studies to solve a variety of health issues.
- Documenting Experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A