BlackRock’s Technology Cloud Services team is responsible for building and growing a multi-cloud strategy. We are looking for a Cloud Network Engineer, focused on network security & design to join our team. We are a newly formed interdisciplinary team focusing on leveraging cloud capabilities within BlackRock’s powerful asset management platform in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to tackle large scale challenges.
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help deliver our commitments within our team
- Assist in solving issues with the cloud services & platform related to network connectivity, partnering with our wider networking teams
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to build out our cloud platform connectivity stacks
- Utilize deep technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure network resources
- Take well known on-premise ways of working and translate them into a cloud native approach for modern technologies
- Build cloud network connectivity architectures & systems. Participate in design reviews and deliver on those designs.
- Participate with design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- To demonstrate experience using the following services from a cloud provider; VNets, Resource Groups, Functions, AzureVM, NSGs, Express Route, RBAC
- To have been using Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver complex infrastructure across Azure (Preferred) or AWS. Some GCP knowledge is useful.
Qualification & Experience:
- Deep technical knowledge and experience securing sophisticated network architectures across on-prem and cloud.
- Experience in helping a multi-disciplinary team achieve their goals using GitOps processes.
- To demonstrate your experience with understanding sophisticated requirements and how they distill into designs.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience designing & implementing cloud connectivity; VPC/Network peering, Cloud-to-Cloud, On-prem-to-cloud
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience provisioning, deploying and supporting cloud native applications in Azure with Terraform, ARM templates or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A