As a Finance Associate in our Argos team you will ensure that Argos Cash In Transit (CIT) reconciliations are kept up-to-date and accurate, liaise with store management, store support teams, the wider Retail Takings team and relevant third parties.
You’ll facilitate and organise the cash element of setting up new stores throughout the entire Argos estate and monitor and ensure the completion of cash collections / deliveries carried out by external cash management companies. You’ll also complete periodic reporting of store cash losses to internal stakeholders.
- Accountable to Finance Operations for 17 balance sheets. Ensure all figures are allocated correctly with any differences or significant variances noted in the commentary
- Accountable to Retail Takings management for the completion of end of week CIT processes, ensuring all reconciliations are updated correctly
- Accountable to Retail Takings management for ad hoc analysis and project support
- Accountable in resolving store queries
- Accountable to provide the necessary support for financial statement and controls audits
- Awareness of developing and maintaining a framework of strong financial controls
- Experience of financial accounting processes including risk and control
- Awareness of cash management
- Excellent communication skills including Stakeholder Management.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent forward planning and organisational skills
- Network and partnering skills, impact and influence
- Ability to interrogate data, spotting trends, patterns and anomalies and advise accordingly
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A