Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to line managers in the implementation of HR policies and procedures, such as management of poor performance, absenteeism, sick leave and disciplinary cases.
- Participate and support key HR initiatives, such as managing absenteeism, leave planning, performance improvement plans, bursary management and any key training initiatives being implemented.
- Assist the HR Advisor with the medical incapacity process, by ensuring relevant documents are completed and submitted, and all relevant parties in the process are adhering to the guidelines of the medical incapacity process.
- Ensure data integrity through ad-hoc audits and maintenance of HR Systems, ensuring data on various reports and presentations have been analyzed and reported factually correct.
- Compile reports on analysis of trends in absenteeism, leave and other sick leave trends.
- Provide a high-quality service to HR Section Manager, other HR colleagues and stakeholders.
- Complete GSS and Navigator documentation for purposes of capturing employee movements across the operation.
- Compile various monthly reports (EE reporting, sick leave or vacancy reporting) for purposes of providing feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- The maintenance of the org data, job design and internal controls to ensure system and data integrity.
- Being responsible for recruitment and selection within area of responsibility as per the company policy.
- MS Office Knowledge mandatory
- SAP knowledge will be essential
- National Diploma in Human Resources or Social Science
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years HR Experience in the mining industry
- A Degree in Human Resources / Industrial & Organizational Psychology or Social Sciences will be advantageous.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A