Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Assisting in investigating, planning and implementing improvement projects
- Conducting investigations in order to improve performance of Metallurgical equipment / identify root causes.
- Conducting metallurgical audits and ensuring plant integrity with metallurgical standards
- Conducting process reviews.
- Assisting in the monitoring and assessment of current performance of plant processes to identify opportunities for optimization and improvement events and activities logged during shift
- Reporting the events that are reported to co-team members and manager
- Providing assistance according to own level / area of competence and in accordance with company policies to the Supervisor and co-workers when instructed or during the absence of the responsible person, to ensure achievement of functional objectives
- Providing advice in all operational related matters and ad hoc jobs to all concerned parties in a pro-active manner aligned with best practices and within agreed upon timeframes to avoid possible problems and uplift competence base
- Advising line management with regard to production / product quality related problems
- Applying metallurgical processes and principals at the operations
- Managing small projects with regard to processes and technology / equipment
- Interpreting and analyze reports as part of assessing process performance of the operations
- National Diploma or B. Tech in Metallurgy
Qualification & Experience:
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- 3-5 years Plant experience and client liaison will serve as a recommendation
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A