Being part of a pool of trusted advisors you’ll have a direct impact in helping our On-Ramp customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You’ll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services. This includes a range of products including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT and many more.
- Consult with a range of partners from developers through to C-suite executives
- Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
- Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
- With a bias for action, you’ll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
- You’ll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
- Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
- Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
- Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you’ll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools, including: Continuous Integration / Deployment, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef etc.
- Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
- Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Customer obsessed
- Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect etc.
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
- Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A