Website Y-12 National Security Complex
Provides technical support services to waste generators. Represents Waste Management on Project Teams and in Production facilities. Assists generators with developing and executing effective characterization strategies. Develops waste management plans and determines packaging requirements for compliant transportation and disposal. May prepare waste profiles and supporting characterization documents (i.e. Technical Basis Documents, Due Diligence documents).
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Formal training related to radioactive waste management, DOT, RCRA, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, and Radiological Worker II is desired.
- Prior experience with the Waste Acceptance Criteria at the Nevada Nuclear Security Site and/or commercial TSDFs.
- Previous experience with chemical and radiological waste characterization, treatment, packaging, transportation, and disposal of waste generated at Department of Energy nuclear facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience. OR Master’s degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline.
- Previous experience with interpretation of analytical data for the purpose of determining regulatory status as well as mixed low level waste disposition planning and treatment/disposal profile development.
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Knoxville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A