Website Valero Energy
Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
- Maintains QA/QC records.
- Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Understands and interprets QA/QC results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three years of boiler operation experience required.
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
- An associate degree from a community college or technical school may substitute for two of the years of experience if the program meets the State of Minnesota’s requirements for boiler operation.
- A Minnesota 1st Class Grade B Boiler Operator license required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A