Website United States Postal Service
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with avariety of services.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Conducts special surveys when required.
- Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
- Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information
- Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Individuals who qualify and are selected under this standard will be required to complete prescribed training satisfactory to demonstrate, through testing and/or practical demonstration, possession of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required for the job.
- Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying. KSAs include Postal Service driving policies, safe driving practices, and skills associated with specific job duties.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A