Website United States Postal Service
Using dynamic route descriptions, delivers packages on Sundays and observed holidays. May case, deliver, and collect mainland packages on Saturday along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle.
- Loads packages in delivery sequence in vehicle.
- Delivers packages to customers along a prescribed route.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
- Loads mail and packages in vehicle.
- Delivers mail and packages to customers along a prescribed route or as an auxiliary assistant by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Furnishes routine information concerning postal matters to customer.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Prepares appropriate time records.10. Provides for mail security at all times
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
- Individuals who qualify and are selected under this standard will be required to complete prescribed training satisfactory to demonstrate, through testing and/or practical demonstration, possession of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required for the job.
- Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying. KSAs include Postal Service driving policies, safe driving practices, and skills associated with specific job duties.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform the essential duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Rural carriers are required to provide service to the public.
- They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pearland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A