Website United States Postal Service
Operates a mail truck on a regularly scheduled route to pick up and transport mail in bulk
- Picks up and delivers bulk quantities of mail at stations , branch office, and terminal points; as required, picks up mail from collection boxes and deposits mail in relay boxes.
- Operates truck in conformance with time schedules and rules of safety, and in accordance with instructions regarding the route assigned.
- Determines condition of the truck prior to leaving and upon returning to the garage; reports all accidents, mechanical defects and mechanical failures while on route.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as, driving a tractor and semitrailer on occasion, unloading bagged mail and packages at post offices and picking up mail for delivery to a central point; preparing daily trip reports showing work performed; and making minor mechanical repairs to truck in emergencies while on route.
- Motor Vehicle Operator: Operates a mail truck on a regularly scheduled route to pick up and transport mail in bulk.
- See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
- Applicants must have two-years of general driving experience with at least one-year full time, or equivalent, of driving 7-tontrucks or buses of 16 passengers or over. Note: The required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification.
- The applicants’ record ofexperience and training must show the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A