Website United States Postal Service
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route.
- Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes alongroute for subsequent delivery.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed.
- Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter.
- Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- CCAs must work their assigned tour and days of work.
- CCAs must follow Postal Service policies and procedures forpersonal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- CCAs are required to provide service to the public.
- They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanorin such interactions, including wearing an approved uniform.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oak Forest, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A