Website United Healthcare
- Answer incoming phone calls from our health insurance consumers (i.e. plan members, family members on the plan) and identify the type of assistance needed to address their concerns and answer their inquiries.
- Route applicable requests to rectify issues with claims, benefits, pharmacy, enrollment and authorizations.
- Ensure consumer satisfaction by delivering a high quality of customer service and following through to resolve issues.
- Identify, anticipate and resolve additional issues to better serve the consumer and eliminate possible needs for future calls.
- Able to Critically think and use decision making skills to solve problems
- Adaptable to changes in workflow or process to meet business and customer demands
- High school diploma, GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of experience with customer service OR experience in a medical office, health care, call center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems including the use of conflict management skills and resolving stressful situations
- Knowledge of billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Experience communicating effectively in a professional environment
- Experience with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Company: United Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Haven, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A