Website University of California San Diego
The UC San Diego Rady School of Management provides business education through its Ph.D. program, Masters degree programs, undergraduate minors and courses, and executive business programs. The Rady School’s values are excellence, innovation, collaboration, and integrity. The staff who work at the Rady School have created a highly participatory, high energy, upbeat environment where providing excellent customer service to our students and our faculty is a priority. Reporting to the Dean, the Rady School’s Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the oversight, leadership, and management of all marketing and communications functions for the Rady School.
This position leads and oversees a comprehensive marketing and public relations program for the Rady School of Management including important work benefiting our graduate programs as it relates to admissions and recruitment, executive education programs, faculty research, fundraising/development, and alumni activities. Duties include the creation and execution of a strategic, goal-based, data-driven marketing and communications plan to promote brand identity, to help drive interest and enrollments in our graduate programs, and to expand outreach to target audiences using a wide variety of mechanisms. Oversees a team of communications professionals including a Writer, a Social Media Writer, an Art Director/Graphic Designer, Videographer, Vendor Sales Specialist, and Data Analyst.
- Proven strategic planning skills to develop and implement comprehensive, proactive communications strategies that support institutional goals.
- Demonstrated experience effectively using public/media relations to design and market strategies to promote a specific image/message brand and to reach a target audience.
- Experience devising marketing & sales strategies based on market findings/analysis, using multiple channels/strategies for reaching a target audience and meeting sales goals. Preferred: experience analyzing, interpreting, or applying web analytics. Strong market research, analytical skills.
- Experience conducting market analysis, SWOP analysis. Experience finding sources to expand “prospects” and to generate sales leads. Experience in implementing operational plans based on data and organizational goals.
- Experience creatively developing a brand to match an organization’s vision/mission/strengths with market opportunities. Experience promoting brand identity and developing branding policies.
- Extensive experience working with media such as print, radio, and online/web-based communications outlets; proven ability to pro-actively write stories in AP style and place stories with national and/or international media.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience: hiring, training, evaluating and mentoring staff. Experience promoting a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing the operational and budget effectiveness of various marketing strategies, mechanisms, alternatives.
- Thorough knowledge of current and emerging industry requirements and best practices in areas of marketing.
- Experience using and evaluating new technologies to promote interest in a program/product/service and to meet sales goals. Professional experience devising and implementing effective marketing strategies involving new online communications; professional experience personally implementing communication channels such as social networks, twitter, Facebook, youtube, texting, instant messaging, apps for handheld devices, blasts, etc.
- Strong ability to write, develop, and manage promotional materials and activities (print, online/web, multimedia, social networking). Experience persuasively to passionately convey the vision and mission of an organization/product/service.
- A strong suite of management skills – including organizational, financial problem solving, negotiating, decision making, research and analysis, prioritization, working under deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience using and analyzing Google Analytics data. Experience analyzing return on investment of outreach channels.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and political acumen skills. Advanced skills to effectively represent the campus with other internal and/or external constituencies. Ability to establish and sustain credibility with all constituents including staff, students, faculty and sponsors/donors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with lead generation, lead assessment as it relates to prospective applicants, recruitment strategies, enrollments, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience working in a client- or customer-focused environment of excellence. Experience interacting directly with clients/customers and translating that contact into effective sales & marketing strategies.
- Experience collaborating with the Admissions department of a university, college, or similar organization.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: San Diego, California
Application Deadline: N/A