Website The Clorox Company
Working in a participative team based environment, using best practice processes and principles, the Sr Staff Engineer participates on teams developing, designing, installing and starting-up new products, product improvements and technology upgrades for larger projects, and manufacturing improvement projects that include the integration of outside technical resources. Plans and leads medium to large sized projects. Provides thorough and practical solutions to complex problems with minimal assistance. Works under general management and completed work is checked for technical soundness and accuracy. Contacts are usually intra-organizational and more frequently with out
side suppliers and consultants.
- Participate in and share information on technical seminars for departmental or cross functional training in order to stay up to date on current trends, changes, and technological advancements
- Develop personal skills and train project teams on new techniques, etc.
- Advocate for engineering innovation within functional department
- Provide technical analysis, project cost and schedule estimation, engineering effort forecasting, design recommendations, preparation of design and equipment specifications, design, review of design documents, development of construction sub-contract documents, and lead construction, commissioning, and start-up activities at plant facilities.
- Implement capital building & equipment installations and to improve manufacturing competitive performance Provides technical expertise and insight to the team on business and engineering needs and proposals
- Support and may lead Project Teams, WCO, and Ops Services initiatives
- Provide leadership and guidance to manage contract engineering firms, construction contractors, etc. to deliver project objectives
- Technical Problem Solving and Engineering Services
- Project Technical Feasibility Evaluations
- Engineering Administrative Duties
- Planning and organizing skills to manage project priorities and coordinate other function activities and cross functional teams
- Adaptation & flexibility skills to recognize the need for change and to initiate the change process
- Technical skills related to electrical/instrumentation and controls
- Experience in batch, continuous, and discrete manufacturing.
- Strong technical skills related to electrical/instrumentation and controls.
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware and software.
- Ability to develop, read and interpret electrical drawings
- Working knowledge of NEC, ANSI, IEC, NEMA, NFPA
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting applications; power distribution; and MCC, conduit and wiring
- Engineering Degree (BSEE) (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with capital projects and capital budget process
- Demonstrates proficiency in developing and managing estimates, financial analysis, contracts, and purchase orders. Includes the use of Clorox Early Management principles and activities to deliver customer expectations with vertical and sustainable project execution.
- PLC programming proficiency with Control Logix 5000 desired
- HMI programming proficiency with FT View ME and SE desired
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Spring Hill, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A