Website U.S. Department of State
The U.S. Department of State is developing a rank-ordered list of eligible hires for a limited number of Foreign Service Office Management Specialist (OMS) positions.
- Develops, updates, and implements administrative and operations policies for the office/section.
- Drafts project proposals and interprets and adapts guidelines for application to specific program support functions and/or problems.
- Conducts analysis of technical, operational, and administrative functions to make recommendations on process improvement and program effectiveness.
- Coordinates the acquisition of supplies, property, and office space in support of employees in the office/section.
- Advises management on protocol matters. Coordinates emergency response efforts on behalf of an office/section and applies knowledge of security policies and procedures.
- Formulates and implements knowledge management and records management policies for the office/section.
- Develops and coordinates responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act requests.
- Serves as control officer for official visits and manages visitor access to government events and facilities.
- Conducting analysis of technical, operational, and administrative functions to recommend process improvements or program effectiveness.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Developing and implementing administrative and operations procedures.
- Formulating and implementing knowledge management and records management policies, such developing and maintaining databases and records management, capturing information, and conducting research.
- Be able to obtain an appropriate Foreign Service Medical Clearance.
- Managing schedules and calendars for one or more senior staff, arranging meetings, conferences, events, and travel.
- Planning and assisting with events and visitors, including tracking budgets and expenses, building and managing guest lists, submitting and monitoring supply requests, and tracking guest attendance.
- Be a U.S. citizen and available for worldwide service.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A