We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to work with Slack’s security and compliance partners. In this role, you’ll work directly with external partner teams to help them build apps on our platform, defining integration use cases with Product Managers and Designers and guiding technical design using Slack’s APIs with Developers. You’ll advocate for our partner ecosystem’s needs internally, and collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and launch new features. Partner engineering is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical. To thrive in this role, you’ll be passionate about working closely with partners and our product team on Slack’s data protection, information governance, and security related features.
- Support our partners at scale by creating code samples, webinars, documentation, and contributing to our team’s technical toolset
- Craft presentations and work with partners to prepare for GTM launches
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Slack to run beta programs for new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem
- Work with and directly support our partners while they craft the best possible experiences for users in Slack
- Be an expert on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams (product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problem we are solving
- Be a great listener—find the words behind the words in meetings with partners and stakeholders
- 3+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, product management, developer advocacy, or related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Strong understanding of API design principles
- Experience working with large enterprise teams and products
- Experience with eDiscovery, digital forensics, and data compliance or security products is a plus
- A passion for working with people, paired with excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A