As part of an in-house Internal Audit team, deliver to time and quality a portfolio of internal audits across Sainsbury’s Group as per the Audit plan. Own relationships with senior business stakeholders at SM and C6 level to support them real time in identifying and managing risks and assurance requirements. Support the continuous improvement activities and share external best practise and innovative thinking into our Internal Audit processes and methodologies.
- Act with a good level of judgement during audit and advisory work.
- Provide real-time support, challenge and actionable insight to management when developing and implementing new processes including delivering business change projects.
- Contribute to team success through contributing and implementing continuous improvement activities in the team.
- Develop recommendations and actions that balance both commercial considerations and the assurance requirements of the business.
- Driving a continual risk focus in the business through supporting the Audit Manager in facilitating risk workshops and meetings to help management identify, assess and manage key business risks.
- Manage workload to lead and deliver multiple audits in a number of divisions to meet time, cost and quality targets across all Sainsbury’s sites.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with auditees. This will involve supporting the stakeholder owners across Sainsbury’s and Argos, for example updating the Auditable Divisional Risk Profile, develop audit proposal and risk maps.
- Support the Audit Manager in developing an ongoing risk-based audit plan.
- Use tools available to pull data to inform audits and provide assurance and advice.
- Previous Internal Audit experience.
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of risk and control at interview.
- An understanding of the Internal Audit industry.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Proven track record in developing strong stakeholder relationships at different seniority levels.
- Self-starter who requires little or no day-to-day support.
- Strong time management and project management skills to ensure work is delivered on time, to budget and to the expected quality.
- Good understanding of technology, systems and data flows and how these relate to business operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A