Website Road Accident Fund
The SENIOR CLAIMS SPECIALIST is accountable to oversee effective and efficient administration of all claims processes and systems within the RAF to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction. The role is also expected to drive implementation of the business operating model across the RAF processing centres.
- Lead the effective and efficient provisioning of actuarial support and advice to the RAF business.
- Manage the implementation of a successful claims mediation process to minimize litigation of a claim.
- Liaise with other departments to identify improvements in claims process and procedure.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems to perform claims processing, medical administration and other claims related functions.
- Ensure claims activities at a high level, comply with organisational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care.
- Ensure that claims merits are thoroughly assessed and determination is based on accurate information.
- Drive the provision of sound claims administration support to ensure a smooth claims experience for the claimants.
- Manage the implementation of automated processes of direct and indirect claims handling procedures and risk management processes that will enable a smooth claims process and foster transparency for the end user.
- Business qualification advantageous.
- Verbal and Communication skills.
- NQF 7 (Bachelor Degree) related qualification.
- Data & analytical, communication, leadership, managerial and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of claims management systems processes and administration.
- Ability to do long-term planning, to create and manage budgets.
- Relevant 8-10 years’ experience in the claims administration environment of which 3 (three) years must have been on management level.
- Skilled in critical thinking, creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
Company: Road Accident Fund
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A