Website Road Accident Fund
A Litigation manager is responsible for the overall proceeding of the litigation portion of an MVA claim. They must also handle budgeting and review legal documents. He/she must manage a team working under them and advise them on effective trail strategy, legal questioning and litigation management. He/she also have significant input in the hiring and terminating of employees. Additionally, He/she must review the overall litigation department of a region and make improvement to help it function more effectively. n occasion He/she will need to attend court and settlements. He/she may also help RAF to avoid protracted litigation process before it gets to an advanced stage. In such cases, the Senior Claims manager should be consulted on decisions that could potentially give rise to more legal costs.
- Recommend policies and procedures and directives to lessen the negative impact of the adverse judgments.
- Assume responsibility and accountability in the management of the regional claims litigation in his/her jurisdiction.
- Attend high court / magistrate’s court Case flow management Meetings.
- Manage the mapping and standardization of departmental processes.
- Publish and circulate positive judgments outcomes and document lessons learnt for sustainability of good and positive litigation strategies.
- Provide assistance to Senior Claims Manager in formulating and implementing strategic direction of claims management.
- Ensure that work is carried out according to approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure that case flow management is adhered to.
- Knowledge of civil and/or court procedure, rules, policies and procedures.
- NQF8 (Post graduate Diploma / Honours Degree/ Professional Qualification Degree) advantageous
- Knowledge of the standard office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of litigation concepts and medical terminology with ability to interpret medical reports of evaluate claims.
- Admission as an Attorney of the High Court or Advocate.
- Relevant 6-8 years’ experience in claims environment of which 2 (two) years must have been on a management/supervisory level/area of expertise.
- Four (4) year Degree in Law or equivalent
- Knowledge of legal terminology and processes.
Company: Road Accident Fund
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A