Website Road Accident Fund
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Actuarial Claims Administration, the successful incumbent will be responsible to manage the provision of actuarial support and advice to RAF business.
- Review loss of income calculations done by colleagues or other experts and external actuarial service providers.
- Implement new and state of art calculation techniques and methodologies.
- Review research on loss of income calculations and reports done by other experts and external actuarial service providers.
- Provide support to the claims administration team with modeling and establishing forecasts for claims volumes and settlements to monitor and improve operational efficiencies.
- Research on state of the art modelling and calculation techniques and methodologies.
- Participate in the review and update underlying calculation assumptions and inputs to ensure relevance and appropriateness.
- Provide support to the claims administration team with developing reporting matrices and identifying risk management strategies that can be used in managing claims risks.
- Participate in the development of models to forecast the number of accidents and claims.
- Complex problem identification, solving and decision making.
- Relevant 4 – 8 years’ experience in an Actuarial environment with experience on a manager/ supervisor level.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access and MS Word skills.
- At least two (2) years in loss of income damages quantification.
- Post graduate Diploma/ Honours Degree/ Professional Qualification Degree @ NQF Level 8 will be advantageous.
- At least 8 professional actuarial exam passes/ exemptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma @ NQF Level 7 related qualification in Actuarial Science/ Mathematics.
Company: Road Accident Fund
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A