Website Queens University
Research Project Advisors are integral to the Institution’s support for cutting edge research and innovation. In this role, you will support a diverse group of researchers and interdisciplinary teams across campus and will learn about the varied and complex ways that our research community is tackling some of the biggest questions in their disciplines. You will also have the opportunity to shape the services created and delivered in support of research and innovation at one of Canada’s leading research-intensive institutions. The VP (Research) Portfolio is an extremely supportive work environment that practices inclusion, collaboration and teamwork, and where everyone is valued and supported.
- In consultation with senior management, advocates with funding bodies, sponsors, governments, organizations, and other universities to enhance the research enterprise at Queen’s.
- Monitors application and contract activity flows, and ensures implementation of process changes to reflect internal and external program and policy adjustments.
- Advises supervisor when success of an application is in doubt and provides related information for consideration by supervisor and senior administrators.
- Works with existing, and encourages the formation of new research teams or groups around identified funding opportunities and facilitates the preparation of competitive applications for funding competitions.
- Identifies and monitors funding opportunities appropriate for researchers and research groups at Queen’s. Develops and implements strategies to increase participation and success rates for identified opportunities, including those to target funding opportunities for individual and teams of faculty members.
- For complex programs, may facilitate post-award administration of projects.
- Oversees the work of consultants or casual staff who provide services related to program implementation and application review/writing.
- Works with senior departmental administrators to ensure the seamless integration of centralized URS application submission procedures with faculty/departmental internal procedures.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A