- Performs referral functions, including duties such as checking to ensure that all information required is complete as identified by specialty clinics, gathering additional/missing information, performing data entry, sending out client questionnaires, and receiving and processing related paperwork.
- Maintains a variety of records by performing duties such as data entry, collating information, maintaining log sheets and client statistics. Follows up with appropriate team members as necessary.
- Schedules and books client appointments and follow-up appointments which includes booking appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with client and centre requirements, and notifying Forensic Regional Clinic staff, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location is provided to Forensic Regional Clinic staff and physicians.
- Registers and admits clients into the Health Care Record. Ensures client demographics and appropriate information is complete and accurate and follows up with appropriate Forensic Clinic staff and physicians as necessary. Advises appropriate clinicians that the patient has arrived.
- Types and distributes a variety of technical and non-technical material such as correspondence (including re-direct letters), reports, notices, agendas, notes/minutes of meetings, spreadsheets by utilizing various computerized word processing and spreadsheet software packages, creating files, and editing material for stylistic consistency and grammar as required.
- Performs receptionist and other clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files as necessary, greeting clients, printing daily schedule, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Provides clerical and general administrative support to the Regional Clinic Manager, or delegate, and to the department by performing tasks such as booking meetings, circulating action items, filing, routing paperwork, opening and forwarding mail, faxing, photocopying, preparing mailers and information, arranging for courier, circulating documentation, and ordering standard office supplies by completing requisition orders for authorization/signature and e-forms.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Grade 12, plus two (2) years’ recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typing 45 w.p.m.
- Organization skills.
- Operate related equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, CA
Application Deadline: N/A