OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers.
- Analyzing and evaluating incident reports and offering recommendations to users and management to reduce help line incident rates.
- Identifying, researching, isolating and escalating incidents and problems to assist in resolution of network and hardware problems, following up to ensure resolution and communicating action taken to appropriate parties as required.
- Responding to, evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Committing to timelines and acting as a liaison between information technology services and users.
- Interviewing users to collect information and investigate the source of incident(s). Reviewing actions taken by user, assessing cause of incident, whether it is related to hardware, software, cabling or telephones, and resolves the incident, escalating all other incidents to third level technicians as required.
- Consulting with technical staff and providing information regarding recurring software, hardware and user-related incidents or issues.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office systems including O365.
- Current experience in writing technical articles and procedures.
- College diploma in computer science or a related subject.
- The demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical subject matter to users.
- MCSE and ITIL designations or working towards completion.
- General knowledge of network management.
- The demonstrated ability to use innovative methods to provide outstanding service in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Service Desk Technician or a related technical field, including experience creating technical documentation on service desk processes and metrics.
- Basic knowledge of LAN and WAN.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, CA
Application Deadline: N/A