Our Packaging Advisors ensure we have the right packaging materials available at the right time, in the right quantity and to the highest quality standard. To support the development of new products, promotional products, and order/manage consumables for the site.
In this role as Packaging Advisor, you will report to the Production Manager and be responsible for:
- Ensure the team carries our weekly stock takes and investigate/resolve any differences along with assisting in the reporting of any non-compliance.
- Manage the NPD (new product development) process by linking with suppliers, the buyers, technical team, and the Site Manager, ensuring new products are launched on time and to the correct specification.
- Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure promotional packaging materials are designed, approved, and ordered on time for each promotion and track the success of each promotion and adapt stock requirements for future promotional activity.
- Be the main contact for all external suppliers of packaging and consumables.
- Maintain packaging supplies to ensure throughput demand and stock holding targets are met
- Place orders with suppliers for all packaging and consumables
- Have ownership of the packaging store room, liaising with colleagues to ensure it is fit for purpose, cleaning is maintained, and labelling is up to date.
- Contributing to site audits, ensuring packaging is fully traceable, back to delivery and batch.
- Ensure orders are processed and deliv
- Proactive approach with willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Keen observational skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Previous manufacturing experience is desirable
- Experience of working in a similar role and demonstrate complying with company policy including health & safety, security & hygiene standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, producing quality products for customers.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Knaresborough, GB
Application Deadline: N/A