Proud of our roots, we are a leading Yorkshire food retailer, serving 11 million customers across our 500 nationwide stores a week. We’re also the UK’s second largest food manufacturer. Together, we make millions of products a year in our 18 manufacturing sites, allowing us to focus on what our customers want: good quality, fresh food and great value.
Our Head Office is based in Thornbury, on the outskirts of Bradford. Buzzing with activity, this is where our Supply Chain decisions are made; fast, agile and highly responsive, our vertically integrated supply chain is probably the best in the industry. Working seamlessly with logistics and manufacturing, we get our products from field to fork faster and fresher. It’s what makes us stand out from the rest. We ensure everything is in the right place at the right time, so our customers can always put their favourite products in their shopping baskets.
It’s big scale stuff. The pace is fast and it’s always an exciting place to be. Working with over 1,300 suppliers and a network of 38 warehouses, we manage over 28,000 product lines. Our leading-edge systems keep everything running smoothly from forecasting to replenishment.
But the secret to our success is teamwork. Fresh. Chilled. Ambient. Home & Leisure. Imports. Online. Reporting. Training. Our different teams work as one, driving sales, sharing ideas and meeting the needs of our customers. So get ready to enjoy a supply chain career with a difference.
We’ve got an opportunity for a Supply Chain Import/Customs Lead focusing on Produce to join our Imports team. If you’re looking for an opportunity that’s fun, challenging, commercially driven, building for the future and customer focused then this could be just the role for you.
- On time delivery of Imported produce purchase orders as planned. Work with freight partners and suppliers to ensure compliance of ‘offshore’ operations including the submission of the required export/import documentation.
- Management of supplier INCOTERMS and sourcing. Analyse cost savings for Morrisons Direct Freight Source initiative.
- Support the Imports training requirements for produce Supply Chain and Commercial colleagues including new starters.
- Delivery of compliance targets and expectations ensuring daily and strategic tasks are performed to a high standard
- Monthly management review of HMRC and freight spend, budgets and transactions. Management of root cause analysis reviews of any compliance issues, making necessary adjustments to process design as required.
- Intrastat and trade declarations to the defined HMRC standards and timelines (subject to UK Future Trade Agreements 2021).
- Ensuring operational compliance across multiple produce business areas, covering all countries and product commodities, as well as ensuring trade compliance between Morrisons, custom brokers and governmental departments.
- Compliance of HMRC/Defra protocols and the accurate payment of duty and documentary requirements. Proactively researches HMRC regulations, international/importing issues and new trends that could impact or influence future international sourcing decisions and establish best practice.
- Preparation of annual audit of custom brokers for trade compliance.
- Management of ongoing registration of regulatory requirements eg: PEACH, Deferment accounts.
- Management of import activities working with stakeholders to continuously improve workflow, processes and procedures in line with AEO, industry or business changes. Highlight trends, improve performance and ensure compliance to agreed processes/ procedures.
- Understanding of food or retail management, supply chain and promotions mechanics as well as store operations
- An excellent communicator with proven stakeholder management ability
- A proven track record within imports, customs protocols/procedures and appropriate industry qualifications and understanding of international trade and Customs.
- Data analysis and process improvement methodology – Excel, Visio, SQL.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, GB
Application Deadline: N/A