The Draw vs. Commission Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Perform other duties as assigned.
Continue below for an abbreviated job summary or view the complete job description here.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns.
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least six months to one year of previous selling experience is required.
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- This position requires constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: Pembroke Pines, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A