The primary function of the Sales Specialist Flooring is to serve as the store expert on flooring by providing detailed product information to both customers and other Lowe’s employees. The Sales Specialist Flooring is expected to conduct sales activities and build relationships with customers including promoting and recommending products, plans, or installation
services that match customer needs, informing customers on pricing, options, or status on pending orders, keeping shelves stocked and correctly displayed, and coordinating successful completion of projects and orders. This includes performing order management duties such as entering new orders for customers, reaching out to vendors on special orders, tracking and fulfilling orders, and resolving issues.
- The Sales Specialist Flooring is also responsible for providing excellent customer service through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service programs, following up on completed orders to ensure customer satisfaction, and assisting customers as needed in locating, selecting, carrying, and loading merchandise.
- This includes training associates, operating store equipment and supporting other departments as needed.
- The Sales Specialist Flooring is also required to maintain a safe and secure work environment by complying with company policies and procedures for merchandising, housekeeping, safety, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks.
- Lastly, the Sales Specialist Flooring is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned.
- Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
- Required to work a schedule as determined by sales, customer, and business needs, but may be changed by store management based on the needs of the store.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
- Lifts up to 40 pounds daily without assistance; may lift up to 100 pounds with or without assistance
- 2 years experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans.
- 2 years experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs.
- 1 year experience promoting product related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans.
- 1 year external experience in customer facing sales OR 6 months Lowe’s retail experience.
- 1 year experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including Special Order.
- 2 years experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics.
- 1 year experience in a trade directly related to flooring or selling flooring.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, CA
Application Deadline: N/A