Leads, directs, and monitors logistics, planning, warehouse, and transportation team to implement, track, and report activities related to series planning in regards to internal and external lean packaging. Controls all aspects of logistics projects including cross functional coordination with local and international based planning groups with the goal to deliver successful implementation.
- Creates action plans with suppliers or contractors to keep packaging costs on target
- Monitors compliance with budget targets, introduces and supervises cost-cutting measures where necessary and develop an awareness of costs among team members
- Monitors capital and expense budgets for internal equipment and tracks actual spending
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Coordinates the setup of just-in-sequence suppliers and material flow of parts within the plant
- Identifies methods and processes to increase productivity and efficiency in the logistics department
- Oversees and manages all logistics and activities and related systems information in manufacturing environment including planning, warehousing, and material flow.
- Analyzes and develops logistics plans that affect production, warehousing, and inventory and seeks to enhance product workflow
- Creates and reviews procedures for warehouse and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost
- Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs considering budget constraints
- Ability tot ravel by air and/or car on short notice within the US and abroad, including weekends.
- Ability to work during scheduled work hours, as well as overtime, including weekends.
- Knowledge of the German and / or Spanish Language is a plus.
- Necessary Skills, Certifications, etc.:
- Extensive knowledge / experience in planning and implementing internal logistics operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management, executive/senior staff
- Highly motivated self-starter; Team oriented; outstanding planning and proactive skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related fields of study, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in managing large cross functional project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time. Excellent management and problem solving ability with highly developed communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A