The AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) Product Engineering/ Payment Operations Sr. Officer is a senior level role responsible for developing the global framework and program structure for the ACRM TTS Product Engineering/ Payment Operations function. The role holder will drive the development of internal procedures to prevent money laundering and assist in all matters concerning financial crimes in coordination with the broader Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team. The overall objective for this role is to utilize established disciplinary knowledge to identify inconsistencies in data or results related to product functionality and payment messages and formulate strategic recommendations on the policies, procedures, and practices of the TTS Product Development and Payment Operations functions to ensure ongoing compliance with AML regulatory requirements. The ACRM Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) Product Engineering/ Payment Operations Sr. Officer reports directly to the NAM Head of TTS ACRM.
- Lead efforts within AML, working with cross-LOB teams including Product, Operations and Technology, to establish global standards and document known variations within country regulatory environments related to FATF-16/ Payment Transparency/ specific funds transfer regulations.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders including AML Technology, Monitoring Risk Management and Operations to mitigate AML and Terrorist Financing risks.
- Support the development and implementation of the firm-wide AML risk management policy as well as the strategic AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) direction as well as maintain the AML compliance program for the businesses
- Provide global TTS Product Development and Payment Operations teams with day-to-day support on AML compliance matters relating to client on-boarding and maintenance (including implementations and processing rules), product and service launches, and client issue escalations/ exits.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, oversight, and challenge to global LOB teams working on ISO 20022 adoption to ensure system enhancements and changes appropriately consider impacts to AML compliance requirements.
- Develop global program framework, including drafting policies, standards, and procedures for the execution of AML oversight and challenge for the TTS Product Development, Payment Operations and Technology teams.
- Significant experience within payments and cash management businesses, with a particular focus on product management, development, operations, and technology functions
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within a medium or large Financial Institution
- 3+ years work experience in AML compliance, risk, or a control-related function
- Knowledge of AML laws and regulations, including a general and broad understanding of key AML and reputational risks (PEPs, Sanctions, AB&C, etc.) required
- Proven track record of delivering results in a challenging and changing environment
- A background in general compliance/ legal/ audit, and candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of Citi AML policies and procedures, will be considered a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A